Link to my Facebook Fan Page

Link to my Facebook Fan Page
Just started a FACEBOOK fansite to share my art as well as for requests, prints and new art. Be my friend! Click the picture/link.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Design-A-Character Contest by The Weld - Second submission








Design-A-Character Contest by The Weld - Second submission

Character design description:

Here come a somethin' cute and adorable, it's a monster.
He has horns on his head to hang things he bought.
Four long tentacles to grab things when he cannot reach the thing with its short arms.
A big mouth of course you guys know he gonna eat a lot!
He doesn't use plastic bag since he knows what to do to save the earth,
so his curly & sticky hair can help to stick everything on it.
He doesn't wear any shirt but doesn't mean that this fella isn't know anythin' bout fashion...just because he already has gold hair on he's body.


Hairy Monster in progress...



This isn't a tutorial, just to show how I produce a design.
For sure will upload some tips and tutorials soon...

1. First, I do my sketch on a sketch pad, then capture a picture (I don't have a scanner) and transfer it into my PC.

2. Open a new file, place the picture I captured onto the lowest layer and lock it, so it will not fiddle. Trace the sketch by using pen tool.

3.When the drawing of outlines is done, "close" the eye of original sketch. Erase the extra lines by using eraser.

4.Add details.

5. Make sure all the lines are drawn, then Unite all the lines.

6. Apply colors with solid colors.

7. Add details on colored part like shadows and lights.

8. Finalising with a shadow of the character. Done!

No comments: